With fall officially starting, we have so many great orienteering activities in store for you! Here goes!
- Noon Hill (Medfield, MA): Come enjoy the beginning of fall at Noon Hill in Medfield, MA. This BYOM event runs through Oct 1 and includes beginner (yellow), intermediate (orange) and advanced (brown and green) courses. Participate on your own schedule! Use QR code timing or self-report that you participated. If we know you are going to the BYOM events, then we will continue to keep them on the schedule!
- New England Champs 2023 - Oct 7 and Oct 8 at Wells State Park in Sturbridge.
This event will have standard club event courses (white/yellow/orange) and National Ranking event courses (currently over 160 people registered!).
Recreational Courses = just like a regular club event, but with a brand-new map. You can come one day or both, and you can register on the day (free for club members). White, Yellow, and Orange courses are offered. These courses are the same as the White, Yellow, and Orange courses being offered for the National Ranking Event.
National Ranking Event Courses = a wider range of courses, divided into age and gender categories. Competitors receive national ranking points. Start times are pre-assigned (with 1-2 minute intervals). Awards for the top three finishers in each competitive category based on two-day total time. These courses require pre-registration, and there is a registration fee. Register Here to get regular event entry fees.
- NEWS FLASH! New England Champ EVENT VOLUNTEERS RECEIVE A REGISTRATION DISCOUNT!
National Ranking Events require lots of volunteers to run smoothly. Sign up to help SATURDAY and/or SUNDAY, and the event director will send you a coupon code for $20 off for each day you volunteer (pre-running excluded, unless you also sign up for another shift). For volunteers who have already registered and paid before this announcement, we can work out a way to refund your discount. Previous experience is not required for most volunteer slots - there are job descriptions listed on the signup sheet.
- There are still spots available in the Group Camping at Wells. $10 per person (for the weekend, not per night). Email the event director if you would like to reserve a spot.
- Fall Series 2023: The Fall Point Series was off to a great start at Great Brook Farm this past weekend. Participants need to run the same color course for at least 3 of the 5 events listed below. No special registration required. Scores are tallied by course (white, yellow, orange, brown, green, and red).
- Sept. 17: DCR Great Brook Farm (Carlisle, MA)
- Oct. 7: Wells State Park (Sturbridge, MA)
- Oct. 8: Wells State Park (Sturbridge, MA)
- Oct. 22: DCR Boojum Rock (Stoneham, MA)
- Nov. 12: DCR Mt Wachusett (Princeton, MA)